Cypress and 7th
(return to Development page project list)
Project Name: Cypress & 7th Apartments
Project Address: 1401 East Cypress Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436
Owner: Housing Authority of the County of Santa Barbara
Lot Area: 17,057.70 SF
Population Served: Special Needs/Homeless
Existing Use: Vacant
Type: New Construction
Status: Under Construction
Total Units: 15
Parking: 16 Spaces
The project involves the construction of 1, two and three-story building with a total of 15 affordable rental units (1 manager unit) and associated amenities.
All the units are 1 bedroom/1 bath fully-accessible units. 100% of the available units will serve qualified homeless individuals and families.
There will be a community center which will have a community room and laundry center with 2 washers and 2 dryers, covered patio, BBQ, bike parking, enclosed trash area, mailbox, area and a smoking shelter. There is no elevator access.
Additionally, we are adding Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPED) elements including a gate and perimeter fencing, fob access, surveillance, and lighting to the trash enclosure along with specialized landscaping.
Access to the site will be from Cypress Street. A total of 16 at-grade parking spaces will be provided on a paved, surface parking. In addition, there is street parking.
The project will be developed in accordance with the minimum requirements of the GreenPoint Rated Program. The project will have solar panels as well as energy efficient windows, awning and overhangs will be included.
Cypress and 7th - Unit Plan
1401 East Cypress Ave., Lompoc, CA
1-Bedroom Unit, 706 square feet (typical)
Cypress and 7th - Site Plan
General Notes - Floor Plans
- Exterior building walls are dimensioned to structural face of concrete slab and/or sheathing. Edge of slab aligns with face of sheathing, typ.
- Refer to Civil for grading at accessible parking and curb ramps.
- All Curbing not within a parking space shall be painted RED to designate the fire lanes.
- Contractor to review landscape plans to avoid conflicts between plantings and utilities, i.e. meter locations, electric transformer, backflow preventers, sewer lines and electric conduit (pole lighting at driveway), etc.
- The site is to remain trash-free throughout construction. Recycling implementation and monitoring shall comply with CalGreen Code requirements.
- Refer to Civil Plans for erosion control and dust control during construction.
- Refer to Public Works Submittal for off-site improvements (any work shown in the PROW is for reference only).
- Refer to Electrical Plans for exterior lighting plan and specifications (arch. shown for coordination purposes only).
- Refer to Arborist Report for tree protection requirements including fencing, irrigation and cutting.
- Rent Controlled units are #201 (low/moderate) and #304 (very low) in compliance with condition P52.