Rental & Utility Assistance
For residents experiencing loss of income due to COVID-19.
For details about eligibility and to apply: www.unitedwaysb.org/rent
The County of Santa Barbara is providing rental and utility assistance funds, through United Way of Santa Barbara County, to qualified County of Santa Barbara residents financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Upon application approval, applicants may receive up to $6,000 over 3 months toward rental and utility expenses. Applicants can re-apply every 3 months up to maximum of 15 months.
Upon application approval, assistance payments to applicants will be paid directly to landlord and/or utility providers.
ELIGIBILITY / DOCUMENTATION
- Must provide proof of residency in Santa Barbara County
- Household income must be 80% or below the median income for Santa Barbara County (details online)
- Applicants at 50% or below will be prioritized.
- Must demonstrate loss of income related to COVID-19, starting March 13, 2020, including:
- Documentation of past 2 months of income for entire household
- Proof of lease agreement and utility bills
Additional documentation may be required during the review process. Please check the website for full list of program requirements.