Important Message About Your Federal Benefit Checks
You are required by the U.S. Treasury to switch from paper checks to electronic payments by March 1, 2013.
Electronic payments are SAFER and MORE RELIABLE than paper checks.
- CHOOSE HOW YOU WANT TO GET PAID:
Your money will be sent directly to your own bank or credit union account on payment day.
Direct Express Debit MasterCard
Your funds will be deposited to this prepaid debit card every payment day.
- MAKE THE SWITCH:
- Online at www.GoDirect.org
- By phone 800-333-1795
- At your bank or credit union (direct deposit only)
- YOU'LL NEED YOUR:
- 12-digit federal benefit check number
- Amount of most recent federal benefit check
- Financial institution's routing transit number* (direct deposit only)
- Account number* and type - checking or savings (direct deposit only)
*This information is often on personal checks.