HOUSING AUTHORITY OF THE COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA COMMONLY MISSED HQS INSPECTION ITEMS
The following list will help identify common items that arise during HQS Inspections.
Please correct any deficiencies prior to the inspection date. Other items may be considered at the time of the actual inspection.
Thank you for your attention!
- Missing/inoperable/non-compliant smoke alarms and CO detectors
- Stove or ranges inoperable (i.e. do not light)
- Missing light fixtures or parts
- Trip hazards
- Plumbing leaks
- Missing switch/electrical cover plates
- Flooring loose
- Toilet loose at base
- Exposed tack strip
- Missing door knobs
- Hot water heater must have a pressure and temperature relief valve with discharge line
- Locks on all windows
- No peeling paint of exterior or interior of unit constructed prior to 1978 with a child 6 years or under