0 to 60 Communications Toolkit
The Fastest Way to Living Healthy Starts Right Now.
The President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, in partnership with the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, is commemorating its 60th Anniversary with the launch of the #0to60 Campaign! Announced in May, #0to60 is a national public engagement campaign to inspire all Americans to accelerate their journey to leading a healthy, active lifestyle.
For sixty years, the Council has dedicated its effort to helping Americans lead active, healthy lives. With the launch of #0to60, the Council renews this commitment with innovative resources, information, and inspiration to build a healthier, more active nation. As a part of the campaign, the Council is excited to announce the release of a mobile-ready website, #0to60 App, and new video featuring First Lady Michelle Obama.
- #0to60 Website: This mobile-ready website features rich content provided by the nation's leaders in physical activity, and nutrition. It provides tips and resources to show Americans of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities various ways to integrate regular physical activity and good nutrition into their everyday lives. The website can be accessed on any desktop, laptop, or mobile-ready device.
- #0to60 App: This mobile application complements the website. The app is an additional source to gain access to rich content provided by the nation's leaders in physical activity and nutrition. It is available for download from the App Store for all iOS devices and will be available for Android devices soon.
- History of Exercise Video: Inspired by the Council's rich 60-year history, Funny Or Die produced the "History of Exercise," featuring the First Lady and comedic actor Nick Offerman. The video showcases the evolution of the fitness industry over the last six decades and underscores the fact that, while exercise routines may have changed over the years, the importance of adopting healthy lifestyles has remained the same.
#0to60 is bigger than the Council and Foundation and now it's time to get the nation activated for an exciting journey from zero to sixty! With your help, we can energize all Americans about the mission of the Council and Foundation as well as the messages behind this campaign. This communications toolkit provides a variety of resources that you can use to inspire others and share your journey from #0to60:
- Campaign Key Messages
- Draft Blog Post
- Social Media Messages
- Campaign Logos
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, please contact us here.
CAMPAIGN KEY MESSAGES
We want you to be able to easily share the key messages of the #0to60 Campaign to reach as many Americans as possible! Below are some brief talking points that highlight the importance of the campaign and how we all can play a role.
General Promotion Messages:
- To celebrate 60 years of working to help Americans move more, eat healthier, and live stronger, we share the Council and Foundation's mission to inspire a healthier lifestyle for individuals of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
- On August 31, the Council and Foundation officially launched the #0to60 App and mobile-ready website! #0to60 is a national public engagement campaign to inspire all Americans to accelerate their journey to leading a healthy, active lifestyle every day.
- There are countless benefits from living a healthy lifestyle. Physically active adults are more productive, confident, and able to sleep better. Moreover, when students are active it can lead to higher test scores, improved attendance, increased focus, lower rates of childhood obesity, and create healthy habits that carry into adulthood.
- #0to60 is about YOU and all that you can do to experience your best and healthiest life. It is about encouraging individuals to make healthier choices every day. Whether it is adopting a new healthy habit, increasing daily physical activity, or making dishes that are delicious and nutritious, everyone can participate in a way that speaks to them.
- It doesn't matter where you are in your journey, anyone can participate! Whether you decide to take your first morning jog ever or you sign up for a marathon, the campaign is about inspiring people to push forward in their efforts to live a healthy life.
- Sixty stands for more than just the Council's rich history. Children should get 60 minutes of physical activity a day, habits take about 60 days to form, and 60 seconds is all it takes to decide to start living healthier today! Join the Council and Foundation by going from #0to60 every day, and for the next 60 years!
Guidance for Usage
Key messages can be incorporated into your current messaging and outreach efforts. A few examples might include:
- A blog post highlighting the #0to60 Campaign.
- Inclusion in a newsletter to staff, partners, and/or followers.
The fastest way to living healthy starts right now! The President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition have officially launched the #0to60 Campaign. In honor of the Council's 60th Anniversary, the goal of this national campaign is to show all Americans the "how" of getting active, leading a healthy lifestyle and enjoying the journey.
The Council has been dedicated to helping the nation find ways to lead a healthy lifestyle for 60 years and this year they are revving everything up a notch. In partnership with the Foundation, the Council has developed an innovative new #0to60 App and mobile-ready website full of tips and information on how all Americans can integrate regular physical activity and good nutrition into their everyday lives.
#0to60 is a national effort that is much bigger than the Council. To bring the most engaging, helpful and innovative content, the Council has partnered with the nation's leaders in physical activity and nutrition. The app features a variety of content, including quick tips to jump start healthy habits; resources for families, communities, and schools; and, programs designed to support individuals on their journey to living healthy. Additionally, all of the content available on the app will also be made available at 0to60fitness.org (a mobile-ready website).
Whether you use the app or check for updates on the website, keep an eye out for tips on physical activity and nutrition to jump start healthy habits for a journey from zero to sixty. Other resources provide key articles, information, programs, and challenges for families, communities, and schools. The app is designed to support individuals on their journey to accelerate their healthiest life!
To top it off, the Council and Foundation have teamed up with First Lady Michelle Obama and Funny Or Die to unveil a new video! Inspired by the Council's history and many faces of fitness through the years, Funny Or Die produced the "History of Exercise," featuring the First Lady and Nick Offerman. The video underscores the fact that while fitness routines may have changed over the years, the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle has remained the same.
If this seems exciting, stay tuned for more. This is just the launch; #0to60 will continue to work with all Americans to inspire the country to go from zero to sixty every day!
Guidance for Usage
If your organization would like to use this blog post on your website, please post it in its entirety with no edits.
Social media will play a key role in creating awareness about the #0to60 Campaign. The Council will create a variety of social media content that can be reposted (retweeted). You are also encouraged to create your own unique content and tie it to the campaign. Sample content is provided below.
- Excited to take the country on a journey from #0to60 by living healthy lives w/ @FitnessGov. Are you in? 0to60fitness.org
- #0to60 is about exploring the ways you can enjoy living a healthy and active life. Share your journey with @FitnessGov.
- Join me & @FitnessGov as we take the country on a journey to living healthy every day with #0to60. Learn more: 0to60fitness.org
- It's @FitnessGov's 60th anniversary and we're taking you on a journey from zero to sixty. Learn more at: 0to60fitness.org #0to60
- We are helping Americans go from #0to60 by [insert activity]. Join the journey. 0to60fitness.org
- #0to60 is all about exploring the ways you can enjoy living a healthy and active life. Share your journey with us as you go from 0 to 60 every day! Check out 0to60fitness.org for more information.
- We're helping the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition celebrate their 60th anniversary by joining in on the #0to60 journey. Learn more at: 0to60fitness.org.
- We are taking [target audience or Americans] on a journey from #0to60 with @FitnessGov by [insert activity]. Learn more at 0to60fitness.org.
- It's easy for kids to go from #0to60 when they [insert activity]. Learn more at 0to60fitness.org
History of Exercise Video:
- @FLOTUS teamed up w/@funnyordie to inspire you to go from #0to60 w/ health & fitness:
- Check out @FLOTUS & @Nick_Offerman in new @funnyordie "History of Exercise" video: #0to60
- Get a blast from the past & inspiration to move w/new @funnyordie video w/@FLOTUS & @Nick_Offerman: #0to60
- Inspired by the 60th anniversary of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition, Funny Or Die produced the "History of Exercise," featuring the First Lady and Nick Offerman. See how people have gone from #0to60 through the decades.
- First Lady Michelle Obama teamed up with Funny Or Die star Nick Offerman to celebrate the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition's 60th anniversary with a new video. Check out the "History of Exercise": #0to60
- New video with First Lady Michelle Obama and Funny Or Die star Nick Offerman is a hilarious showcasing of the evolution of the fitness industry over the last six decades. Hope these moves give you some inspiration to go from #0to60 today.
- Check out Nick Offerman trying to use a thigh-master and other fitness relics from the past 60 years in the newest Funny Or Die video featuring First Lady Michelle Obama! #0to60
- @FitnessGov & @FitnessFndn just released a new app to help accelerate your health/fitness journey. #0to60
- Need ideas, tips & motivation to accelerate your health & fitness journey? Check out the new #0to60 App
- Check out the new #0to60 App for our [Tips, ideas, video describe resource type] on [name of activity].
- Find great health/fitness tips from @NIAGo4Life, @acefitness, @cdc, @usda & more in the #0to60 App
- With the support of key partners and its Foundation, the President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition released a #0to60 App to show Americans how to accelerate their journey to healthy, active living.
- The newly released #0to60 App features great tips and info from the nation's leaders in physical activity, nutrition, and sports. Download it now from the App Store for all iOS devices.
- Check out the new #0to60 App! In celebration of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition's 60th anniversary, this new app includes quick physical activity and nutrition tips to jump start healthy habits.
- Need resources and programs for families, communities, and schools designed to support individuals on their journey to living healthy? Check out the new #0to60 App, released by the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition.
Snapchat, Instagram & Facebook Live:
Don't just talk about #0to60, show the world how you take action! Every day is an opportunity to share how you go from #0to60. Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook Live offer great and engaging platforms to share your story. This means that the possibilities for great social media content are only bounded by your imagination. Visual and interactive media is encouraged. First Lady Michelle Obama's recent Snapchat of Nick Offerman is a perfect example of showcasing how to go from #0to60.
Here are some examples of how you can use the photo and video features to inspire others:
- A photo with a caption that shows how you are helping others go from #0to60.
- A motivational photo with a quote or description encouraging a healthy habit/lifestyle.
- A daily/weekly tip series with associated pictures or video.
- A video to share tips and information that can help guide a healthy, active life.
- A short video of a healthy "day in the life."
- A video about what/who inspires your work or journey.
The sample messages provided above are just to get you started. You are welcome to use #0to60 on any original social media content that aligns with the campaign. Keep in mind that #0to60 is all encompassing when it comes to advocating for a healthy lifestyle. #0to60 is about encouraging individuals to make choices every day that helps them toward living their healthiest life. You are also encouraged to:
- Follow @FitnessGov and @FitnessFndn on Twitter for great #0to60 content.
- Retweet and share social media posted by @FitnessGov and @FitnessFndn.
- Include #0to60 in your own posts related to physical activity, sports and nutrition.
- Any content in [brackets] should be personalized prior to sending.
- For any questions, please contact us via Email.
These graphics can be used on your social media platforms to promote #0to60. You are welcome to include them in social media post, blogs or on your website. These images may not be used for commercial purposes, including selling of products and services and advertisements in newspapers and other publications. Please do not alter these images in any way and be sure to use hashtag #0to60 in your posts.
The Council and Foundation have developed special theme marks to commemorate the 60th Anniversary. The first mark is a uniquely designed 60th Anniversary Seal and the second is a logo specifically to amplify the #0to60 campaign.
These marks can stand alone or be used together. It is important to follow these guidelines to ensure each make remains legible and looks its best.
- When using these marks, the 60th Anniversary Seal should appear to the left of the #0to60 logo, OR the 60th Anniversary Seal can appear above the #0to60 logo.
- If used together, the #0to60 logo should always be centered with the ribbon of the 60th Anniversary Seal.
- When marks are stacked, the #0to60 logo should be the same width as the seal (excluding the ribbon).
- Whether the marks are used alone or together, please pay attention its proximity to all other elements.
- These marks should not overlap any other element.
- Do not tilt or skew the logos. When using together, they should always be centered on each other.
- Do not change or adjust the color or opacity in any way.
- Do not place the marks on a color that makes them hard to read.
- Do not stretch or warp the marks or minimize the marks so that the type cannot be read clearly.
Please note that only the 60th Anniversary Seal and the #0to60 logo ARE permissible for use on promotional materials to amplify #0to60. However, any use of the official seals of President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition or the National Foundation on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition must be approved in writing in advance. Any use of the Council or Foundation seals without prior written authorization in a violation of federal law.